Why Choose a Touch Screen Printer
– Presentation of the touch screen
– Selection criteria
– The main features of the touch screen
– The advantages of the touch screen
Presentation of the touch screen
The touch screen is a piece of standard equipment for medium and high-end printers.
Depending on your use, it can be an essential element in your printer choice because it improves ergonomics and facilitates the use of the printer interface.
Mainly based on LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) technology, the use of a printer’s touch screen is the same as with your smartphone, for example.
Among the selection criteria, the size of the screen is essential.
It is given in inches (i), inches (p), or centimeters (cm). As for any flat screen, it corresponds to the length of the diagonal of your screen (1 inch = 2.54 cm). The majority of touch screens have a dimension between 3 and 5 inches.
Depending on your use, other criteria of choice are essential:
– Black and white or color touchscreens;
– Fixed, tilt or swivel touchscreens;
– Easily removable touch screens; very useful in case your screen breaks down while all the other features of your printer are working.
The main features of the touch screen
The touch screen allows you to manage the whole process of printing or to scan a document (usually a photo). Its home page (the page visible when your printer is switched on) contains the various menus on which you can act: connection, print settings, etc.
Among the actions possible via your touch screen, you can:
– Activate/deactivate connectivity to a wireless network (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi);
– Select documents to print;
– Set up your print or scan (quality, number of pages, color, choice of paper, etc.);
– Start printing or scanning;
– Check ink levels, etc.
The touch screen is often accompanied by a few action buttons and status LEDs.
Buttons can be used to return to the previous page or home page, stop the current process (printing, logging in, etc.); for some screens, you can also use buttons to access a “help” page, choose the black and white or color option for printing, move through the touch screen menus with arrows, etc.
LEDs indicate, for example, when the printer is turned on, when Wi-Fi is activated, when there is a problem, etc.
The advantages of the touch screen
In combination with the PictBridge standard, the touch screen allows you to print photos easily without using your computer.
If your printer has a USB or memory card port, you can print directly without using your computer.
Please note: although the size and quality of a screen improve the printer’s ergonomics, it significantly impacts the printer’s price.
- How to Install a Printer;
- How to Share a Printer;
- Printer Equipment: Screen, Connectors, Options;
- How to Change a Printer Ink Cartridge;
- How to Remove a Printer Ink Stain;
- 2 Steps to Clean the Nozzles of Your Printer;
- Which Printer for Which Use;
- How to Handle a Jammed Printer;
- How to Clean a Printer;
- How to Change a Laser Printer Toner;
- What Printer and Cartridge Manufacturer Won’t Tell You;
- Which Type of Laser Printer Is Best for You;
- 2 Easy Steps to Connect a Printer to Bluetooth
- How to Choose Your Printer Paper;
- Monofunctional Printer: Features and Price;
- Multi-Function Printer: Functions, Printing, Price;
- Main Features of the Compact Photo Printer;
- What Is a Good Resolution and Print Speed for a Printer?
- Comparison of the 3 Types of Printers;
- How to Clean Your Inkjet Printer;
- Printer Equipment: Screen, Connectors, Options.